Saturday, March 14, 2009

Poor Sweetheart

Alana came down with a cold again last Friday and it became worse on Monday with more frequent coughing, so I called the doctor and made an appointment. We went on Tuesday and the doctor tested her for RSV, and the test came out positive. I was so sad. Fortunately, the doctor said I may have saved her because I was sick before her and probably gave it to her, which means my body made antibodies to fight the cold. So, she had developed a very mild version of RSV, so mild that the doctor didn't feel she needed any of the 3 medications he usually gives to help. He said it was the most mild case he's seen! We were so relieved, but have been really trying to help her get over this by running the humidifier, sucking out her nose often, and having her sleep in this car seat. She is now feeling much better than before!

No comments: