Saturday, March 7, 2009

Jenny's thoughts....

I have recently been inspired by my friend, Nikki, to share some of my thoughts about this new chapter in my life as a mom...

It is amazing to me every time I think of when I was in the hospital and how everything played out in Alana's birth. We had planned to birth her naturally, with no drugs, because we felt it would be healthiest and best for her. We were thrown off a little when our plans were turned upside down and we needed to have a c-section. Though at the time it was scary, I am so grateful for our doctor's judgement and I am grateful that Alana is here and well. I know that Heavenly Father was watching over us and taking care of me and Alana. The first time I saw her little face peering over the curtain above my stomach, I cried, and felt my chest fill with a deep love for her. It's amazing how that happens. I was so grateful to be able to see her and know that she was here with us.

Becoming a mom has definitely been a change from the life I knew before. I have had to redefine who I believe myself to be. I have been through times where I wondered what I was thinking, taking on such a responsibility and losing all the extra free time I selfishly had, to now feeling that there is nothing more important and awesome in my life than being a mom and spending day after day watching my sweet daughter learn and grow. I love that she knows I'm mommy and reaches for me now. Mike and I love watching her fall asleep and seeing our Heavenly Father's love in her. I feel like she is growing so fast now and that every day time is passing me by and I don't want to miss any of it. I want to learn every little detail about her and memorize it so I can remember forever.

I have also enjoyed watching Mike become this amazing dad. I love when he plays with Alana because I can see how happy she is with him and how much she loves and knows him. He takes such good care of us and works so hard everyday for us. I love Mike so much and my love continues to grow for him all the time. I feel so blessed to have his love and companionship. It truly bears witness that my Heavenly Father loves me to have blessed me with such a perfect family.

6 comments:

faith said...

it is a wonderful change, isn't it, jenny? i'm glad you're taking to it so well. and isn't it amazing how things work out just how they need to? benny (our first) was a c-section as well. completely unexpected. i'm glad everything has worked out for you. and you have such a beautiful little girl to show for it!

ryan said...

Jenny,
Your post just made me cry. I know exactly how you feel! It is hard work but sooo worth it. They truly are miracles!

ryan said...

That last post was Nikki Souter and not Ryan, oops I must be logged in under his name. :)

Mike and Jenny Larsen said...

ha ha! I was wondering who Ryan was for a minute. Thanks Nikki!

Unknown said...

being a mom is the most wonderful, stressful, amazing experience i've ever had...and i wouldn't trade it for the world. your little family is darling, and you are such a beatiful mommy! good luck with all the adventures ahead!

♥kaiulani♥ said...

That's beautiful! It's an amazing blessing and journey! There is nothing greater than to have a child and to truly recognize the hand of our Heavenly Father!